If you are interested in any of the following positions, please print out a job application and fax it to: Tim Blankenship @ (423)442-1389 ALL APPLICANTS MUST BE HIGHLY QUALIFIED (When Position Requires)
Monroe County Schools Positions Posted for the 2017-18 School Year
Title: Network Engineer
Location: Central Office
BS Computer Science or equivalent with at least two years of experience, or AS Computer Science or equivalent with at least three years of experience.
A+, Net+ required. MCSA, MCSE, or CCNA preferred.
Reports to: Technology Director
Job Goal: Operates and maintains the network for all schools and offices in the Monroe County School District.
· Installs and maintains servers in schools and central office.
· Preferred experience with VoIP systems.
· Experience managing and maintaining Office 365.
· Requires experience implementing and configuring Cisco routers and switches.
· Familiar with wiring standards, OSI model, and LAN/WAN standard practices.
· Manage network performance and security.
· Install network software, and establish and implement network policies, procedures and standards.
· Manage WAN/Routing/ACLs/Policies and VLANs.
· Perform switch management and configuration, wireless infrastructure management, and infrastructure failover testing.
· Other duties as directed by the Technology Director.
Physical Demands: This job may require lifting of objects that exceed 50 lbs., with frequent lifting of objects weighting up to 25 lbs. This job may also require pushing/pulling, climbing, stooping and crawling.
Temperament (Personal Traits):
1. Ability to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature without loss of efficiency or composure.
2. Ability to accept responsibility for the direction, control of planning of an activity.
3. Ability to adapt to and deal with staff and faculty at all schools.
4. Ability to make generalizations, evaluations, or decisions based on sensory or judgmental criteria.
5. Must exhibit a flexible, patient, honest, caring, respectful, and compassionate nature.
Capacity and Ability Requirements:
Specific capacities and abilities may be required of an individual in order to learn or perform adequately a task or job duty.
1. Intelligence: The ability to understand instructions and underlying principles. Ability to reason and make judgments.
2. Verbal: Ability to understand meanings of words and the ideas associated with them.
3. Numerical: Ability to perform arithmetic operations quickly and accurately.
4. Manual Dexterity: Ability to move the hands easily and manipulate small objects with the fingers.
5. Form perception: To make visual comparisons and discriminations and see slight differences in shapes and shading of figures.
6. Color Discrimination: Ability to perceive or recognize similarities or differences in colors.
Work Conditions: Normal working environment.
General Requirements: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so assigned.
The Monroe County Board of Education provides equal opportunities to all person regardless of age, race, color, creed, disability or gender in all educational and employment practices with the intent of complying with various anti-discrimination laws to the extent applicable, including but not limited to Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, as amended; the Americans with Disabilities act as amended; the Internal Revenue Code; Title VI, VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964; as amended; and other applicable enactments or regulations.